Creative Ways of Being More Powerful in Business Emails
I went to a business seminar for my job last week and one of the topics of discussion was effective business emails. It has been brought up in countless staff meetings. You have to incorporate professional writing skills when sending a business email. Most emails that have non related titles or are long winded before the actual subject is brought up are being ignored or deleted at first sight. A lot of upper management will not even open the email if the title is not clear.
So here are 6 tips for writing more effective business emails that will demonstrate professionalism in your emails. Your emails are sometimes better than an actual newsletter if it is presented correctly. Many workers today don’t really understand the do’s and don’ts of writing a professional email. A bad email format can result in no communication between you and the person you are sending it to.
- Learn what CC=carbon copy or BCC=blind carbon copy means. All emails that have these commands may not be meant for you to forward to other coworkers or departments.
- Try to keep your emails short and straight to the point. A standard email should not contain more than 100 words in the body of it.
- Always include your call to action for your customers and vendors in case they have questions. This will give them your contact information so they don’t have to search for it when needed.
- Always try to start a new email when sending out correspondence it will keep down confusion when they read the information.
- If you have included an attachment, be sure to inform them in the body of your email. Sometimes they may not see the paperclip that indicates there are attachments with that email.
- Always use a specific term that is related to contents of the email, if it is about inventory say so in the title to prevent the email from going to the wrong department or group.
Always remember that you have to be professional at all times, you are representing your company when you send out emails that are work related. There are high standards that must be upheld while sending out professional emails. Keeping your emails clear and straight to the point helps a lot more than you would probably know.
Above blog post has been contributed by Jason Adams. Visit officefurnitureonline.com to buy branded office furniture for your business in West Palm Beach, Florida.